Best Online Roulette Sites in United Kingdom
Roulette is a classic casino game that has been enjoyed by casino goers all over the world for generations. Players bet on specific or ranges of numbers, whether the color will be red or black, or whether the number will be odd or even before the number is then chosen by spinning the ball around a rotating wheel. The winners are paid according to which number the ball lands on and the corresponding unlikelihood of their bet winning. There are 2 major variations of Roulette; European Roulette and American Roulette.
The only difference between the 2 is that in European Roulette, players only have the option to bet on one Zero (0) for a total of 37 numbers to choose from, as opposed to in American Roulette, there is both a Zero (0) and Double Zero (00) for a total of 38 numbers to wager on. When playing online, players have the option with many major sites to play at an animated roulette table or a "live" roulette table, in which the game is played with a live dealer via a web cam. Read below to see our preferred destinations to play all variations of roulette with the best operators available in the UK!
|Casino Provider||Bonus Offer||Review|
50 Extra Spins
18+ Only | | 50 Extra Spins on Book of Dead | Min. deposit is £10. This offer is only available for first time depositors | Also after your First Deposit you may claim an additional 30 Extra Spins by visiting the Kicker Section | Game: Book of Dead | Spin Value: £0.10 | OJO’s Rewards and Game Play policy applies | T&C's Apply
100% Welcome Bonus up to £500 + 50 Bonus Spins
18+. New players only. 1 bonus offer per player. Min. deposit £20. Max. bonus bet is £5. Bonus spins on selected games only and must be used within 72 hours. Bonus funds expire in 30 days, unused bonus funds will be removed. Bonus funds are 100% match up to £500 on your 1st deposit, 25% match up to £1000 on your 2nd deposit, and 50% match up to £500 on your 3rd deposit. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus & cash. Only bonus funds count towards wagering contribution. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £100 + 10% Cashback
18+ Only Welcome Bonus for new players only | Max bonus is 100% up to £100 | No Max cash out | Wagering is 35x Bonus | Max bet while playing with a bonus is £5 | Cashback is cash with no restrictions | Bonus excluded for players that deposit with Skrill or Neteller | Full T & C's Apply | Begmbleaware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £400 + 50 Bonus Spins
18+. New players only. One bonus offer per player. Minimum deposit £20. Max bonus bet is £5. Bonus spins on selected games only and must be used within 72 hours. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days otherwise any unused bonus shall be removed. Bonus funds are 100% match up to £400 on your 1st deposit, 40% match up to £3000 on your 2nd deposit, and 60% match up to £1500 on your 3rd deposit. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus & cash. Only bonus funds contribute towards any wagering requirements. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £300 + 100 Zee Spins + 500 Zee Points!
18+. New players only. Valid for 15 days after 1st deposit. Min Deposit £20 Max Bonus Bet £5 Winnings from spins capped at £50 First 100 Zee spins: 10/day. Spins must be used within 24 hours, Funds within 30 days. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35 wagering (bonus + cash). 18+. T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org
200% Welcome Bonus up to £500
1st deposit only • £20 min deposit • Valid for selected games • Bonus wins capped at £500 • 50x wagering -req. vary by game • Bonus expires in 21 days • Withdrawal terms & full T&Cs apply. 18+, New players only. BeGambleAware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £800 + 100 Extra Spins
Min. deposit: £20. Offer valid on first deposit. Offer only applies to new players. Bonuses that require a deposit must have the bonus wagered 35 times. Winnings won with extra spins that require a deposit, have to be wagered 35 times your extra spins winnings, unless stated otherwise. Bets on different games contribute differently to the compliance of the wagering requirements: Wagering Bonus Policy Min. deposit: £20. Max. bonus: £850. 18+ T&C's Apply
100% Welcome Bonus up to £100 + 25 Extra Spins
18+. New players only. One bonus offer per player. Min deposit £20. Max bonus bet £5. Offer is a 100% deposit match up bonus to £100 plus 25 bonus spins on Aloha! Cluster Pays. Bonus spins winnings are credited in the form of bonus finds and are capped at £50. Bonus finds are separate to Cash funds and are subject to 35x wagering the total of cash + bonus funds. Only bonus funds count towards wagering contribution. Once claimed, funds must be used within 30 days, spins within 10 days, otherwise any unused shall be removed. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £50 + 50 Extra Spins
New customers only. Min. £10 dep. 100% up to £50 in Bonus. PayPal/Neteller/Skrill excl. Max. bonus £50. Wagering 40x on bonus amount within 30 days. Bonus max. bet: £5. Spins paid 10/day on Book of Dead and valid for 24 hours. Game weighting and T&Cs apply. 18+. Begambleaware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £25 + 25 Extra Spins
18+ New Players only. T&C's Apply. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £100
18+. The minimum deposit amount to qualify for this bonus is £10.The maximum deposit amount to qualify for this bonus is £100.Players may only receive up to the advertised maximum bonus amount on the deposit which is £100. General Promotion Terms and Conditions apply. Click here for full T&Cs.
Up to £10 Free No Deposit Bonus + 100% Welcome Bonus up to £100
18+. The Welcome Package is only available to new players. Promotion consists of a cash reward once a wagering target is completed on any chosen 2 deposits in the first 7 days from registration. Deposits of £10, £25 or £50 will make the player eligible for a potential cash reward, once the wagering target is met: 11a. Deposit of £10 - £24 = £10 cash reward 11b. Deposit of £25 - £49 = £25 cash reward 11c. Deposit of £50+ = £50 cash reward General promotional and website terms and conditions also apply.
100% Welcome Bonus up to £500
1st dep. of £20-£500, max bonus £500 on selected slots; 40x wagering on the sum of deposit & bonus applies. Max convertible 5x bonus amount received. T&Cs Apply 18+. New players only. Begambleaware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £50 + 50 Extra Spins
18+ new players only. Maximum £50 bonus. Minimum deposit: £20. Max bet with active bonus: £2. Wagering requirement 100% match bonus: 30 times sum of deposit + bonus. Winnings from Extra Spins are credited as Real Money. Some games may not be played with an active bonus. Games may contribute differently when wagering a bonus. Bonus expires after 30 days if wagering requirement has not been met. One bonus allowed per person, address, device, IP. Bonus Winnings capped at £500. Full T&Cs apply. BeGambleAware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £50 + 50 Extra Spins
18+ new players only. Maximum £50 bonus. Minimum deposit: £20. Max bet with active bonus: £2. Wagering requirement 100% match bonus: 30 times sum of deposit + bonus. Winnings from Extra Spins come as cash. Some games may not be played with an active bonus. Games may contribute differently when wagering a bonus. Bonus Winnings capped at £500. www.begambleaware.org Full bonus terms and conditions apply.
10% Cashback, No Strings Attached
10% Cashback, No Strings Attached! No Bonus Casino offers an unique service of 10% cash back to all our appreciated players. This ensures that you will not be down and out after you played through your last deposit.
100% Welcome Bonus up to £100 + 100 Extra Spins
18+ T&C Apply.
121% Welcome Bonus up to £300
18+. New players only. Minimum deposit of £10. Bonus funds are 121% up to £300 and separate to Cash funds. 35x bonus wagering requirements. £5 max bet with bonus. Bonus must be used within 30 days otherwise any unused bonus shall be removed. Terms Apply. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £200
18+ new customers only. 100% Bonus up to £200 on first deposit only. Min Dep £10, Max bonus £200, 40x wagering, Max 5x conversion. Full T&Cs apply.
100% Welcome Bonus up to £500 + 30 Extra Spins
18+. New players only. 1 bonus offer per player. Min. deposit £20. Max bonus bet £5. Extra spins on selected games only- must be used within 72 hours. Bonus funds expire in 30 days, unused bonus shall be removed. Bonus funds are 100% match up to £500 + 30 extra spins on 1st deposit, 25% match up to £800 + 25 extra spins on 2nd deposit, and 50% match up to £200 + 50 extra spins on 3rd deposit. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 40x wagering the total bonus & cash. Only bonus funds count towards wagering contribution. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org
100% Welcome Bonus £1500 + 100 Bonus Spins
18+. One bonus offer per player. Minimum deposit £20. Max bonus bet is £5. Bonus spins on selected games only and must be used within 72 hours. Winnings from Bonus spins credited as bonus funds and capped at £100. Bonus funds must be used within 30 days otherwise any unused bonus shall be removed. Bonus funds are 100% match up to £300 on your 1st deposit, 25% match up to £800 on your 2nd deposit, and 50% match up to £400 on your 3rd deposit. Bonus funds are separate to Cash funds, and are subject to 35x wagering the total bonus & cash. Only bonus funds contribute towards any wagering requirements. Terms apply. BeGambleAware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £200
18+ | New Customers Only | BeGambleAware.org | Full T&C's Apply
100% Welcome Bonus up to £200 + 100 Extra Spins
Applies to new depositing players. Min deposit £10. Wagering requirements apply 35x. 100 spins require 3 deposits. Full terms apply
100% Welcome Bonus up to £99 +99 Extra Spins + 10% Cashback
New customers only. Min deposit £20. Wagering 40x bonus. Max bet £5 with bonus funds. 100% up to £99 bonus + 99 extra spins on 1st deposit. Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse. No max cash out on deposit offers. Welcome bonus excluded for players depositing with Skrill or Neteller. Full T&Cs apply
Unlock up to £100 Cash + 10 Wager-Extra Spins
FullT&Cs apply. Extra spins - no deposit required & new players only. Claim within 3 days of registration & 3 day expiry. Extra spins worth £0.10 each on Book of Dead, winnings paid as cash. Deposit offers available across any two deposits. Both expire 7 days after registration & have 7 days to wager once claimed. Deposit £10, £25 or £50+ & wager 35x for a cash reward. Only cash stakes qualify & wagering contributions vary. 5 extra spins on Book of Dead with each qualifying deposit, 3 day expiry.18+ BeGambleAware.org.
Welcome Bonus up to £200
New Customers. 35x real money cash wagering of initial deposit amount (£20-£200) on qualifying slot games completed within 30 days unlocks equivalent cash bonus (% game weightings apply). 15 days to accept/opt in. Full T&C’s Below.
100% Welcome Bonus up to £50 + 100 Extra Spins
18+ New Players only. T&C's Apply. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £200 + 25 Extra Spins
18+. New players only. Extra Spins (FS) expire in 14 days. FS wins credited in bonus. FS & bonus valid for selected games only. Bonus wins capped at £500. 30x wagering -req. vary by game- in 90 days. UK only - deposit balance available for withdrawal at any time. General withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply.
1000's of Slot Games
18+ T&C Apply.
100% Welcome Bonus up to £500 + 100 Extra Spins
18+ New Players only. T&C's Apply. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org
Deposit £10, Get £40 + 100 Extra Spins
New UK & IRL Customers only. Min deposit £10 . Deposits made with e-wallets are not valid for this promo. Bonus wagering x35 on eligible games.Full terms & conditions apply.
Casino at bet365 - Up to £100 New Player Bonus!
New Casino customers only.Deposit min. £10. Applies to first deposit to Casino only. Max. bonus £100. 20x wagering (game weighting, table coverage and max. bet rules apply) on deposit and bonus to make the bonus balance withdrawable. Time limits and T&Cs apply. 18+. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org
Deposit £10, Get £50
18+. New customers only. Min spend £10 on qualifying games. Certain deposit types excluded. £50 Bonus on selected games subject to 40x wager req. Must accept within 7 days, valid for 30 days. Player restrictions and T&Cs apply.
Play 100s of Slot Games at Guts
18+ T&C Apply.
100% Welcome Bonus up to £200
18+ New customers only. Opt-in required. 1st deposit bonus 100% up to £200. 2nd deposit bonus 50% up to £200, 3rd deposit bonus 25% up to £200, 4th deposit bonus 25% up to £200. Min deposit £10. 40x wagering, 30 days to complete wagering, game weighting and game restrictions apply. Max Bet with bonus funds £5. Max withdrawal from bonus funds is £2000. Neteller and Skrill excluded. Eligibility restrictions apply, cash balance can be withdrawn at any time. Full bonus terms Apply. Gamble responsibly. www.begambleaware.org
100% Welcome Bonus up to £123 + 10% Cashback
New players only, Maximum bonus is £123, Max bet with bonus is £5, No max cash out, Wagering is 50x - Skrill & Neteller excluded, Eligibility is restricted for suspected abuse, Cashback is cash, so no wagering, Cashback applies to deposit where no bonus is included. Full T&C’s apply
100% First Deposit Bonus up to £300 + 50 Extra Spins
Opt in required. Min deposit $10. Max bonus $300. 40x wagering requirements on bonus funds. Bonus and spins expire 7 days after opt in. Spins available on selected games only. Max redeemable $2,000 from deposit bonus. Max redeemable from spins $10. New customers only. Player currency, country, game restrictions & Terms Apply.
100% Welcome Bonus up to £250 on Classic Slots
100% buy in bonus. Min £20 cash buy in to be eligible. Max bonus £250. Offer only available on classic slot games. Max £2 stake. 20x wager requirements on total of buy in bonus and bonus amount. Bonus valid for 7 days. Keep it fun - set your deposit limit. T&Cs apply.
£20 Welcome Bonus + 110 Extra Spins
First depositors only. Deposit & Stake £20 on Midnight Wilds slot game: Get 110 Bonus Spins on Midnight Wilds slot at 5p (5 lines x 1p) per spin. Jackpot cannot be won when using extra spins. Customers will also be eligible for existing standard sign up bonuses if they stake an additional £10 on Bingo, see T&Cs for details. £5 min. withdrawal on winnings. T&Cs apply. 18+ BeGambleAware.org. Please play responsibly.
Play £10, Get 30 Extra Spins on Rainbow Riches
New members only, must opt in. Min £10 deposit & wager. 30 day expiry from deposit.18+. Extra Spins: on Rainbow Riches. 1p coin size, max lines. Bingo: Advertised ticket value based on £1 tickets. Game availability & restrictions apply. **£10 lifetime deposit for Daily Free Game.
Spend £10, Get 30 Extra Spins on MONOPOLY Paradise Mansion
New members only, must opt in. Min £10 deposit & wager. 30 day expiry from deposit.18+. Extra Spins: on MONOPOLY Paradise Mansion. 1p coin size, max lines. Bingo: Advertised ticket value based on £1 tickets. Game availability & restrictions apply.
Play £10, Get £10 Bonus + 30 Extra Spins on Double Bubble
New members only, must opt in. Min £10 deposit & wager. 30 day expiry from deposit. 18+. Extra Spins: on Double Bubble. 1p coin size, max lines. Bingo: Advertised ticket value based on £1 tickets. Game availability & restrictions apply. **£10 lifetime deposit for Daily Free Games.
Guide to the Best Online Roulette Casinos
The roulette wheel has delighted casino visitors ever since French physicist Blaise Pascal invented it back in 1655. A tuxedo-clad croupier spins the wheel and the air is tinged with anticipation as the ivory ball seeks a numbered pocket to nestle into. Players can bet on the ball landing on a particular number or a group of numbers, and they will react with jubilation if their wager pays off. You can also bet on the ball landing on a red or black number, or whether the number will be odd or even.
Online casinos now bring the thrill of the roulette wheel to your desktop or mobile device, creating hours of fun for players. You can play roulette online at hundreds of different sites, but you should stick to safe, secure, trustworthy operators that hold a UK Gambling Commission licence.
They should provide a superb user experience, offer compelling casino bonuses, provide a wealth of banking options and deliver excellent customer service. We can help you separate the world-class online roulette sites from the operators that do not deserve your business.
This article explains how we review online sites and steers you towards the best online roulette for real money casinos. You will learn about the different bonuses and no deposit bonuses that online roulette players can take advantage of in the UK. We will explain the live roulette casino games you can enjoy, and highlight the ways in which it is possible to enjoy free online roulette games by taking certain bonuses.
The article shines a light on the various leading online roulette software providers, provides tips for enjoying roulette online via a mobile device, and explains how to make deposits and withdrawals. We will also teach you the various different types of roulette, including European roulette, French roulette and American roulette.
The article highlights the best games, discusses the pros and cons of highs stakes and low stakes roulette, and lists the various advantages of playing roulette online. We only feature websites and apps that are fully regulated and legal in the UK. Terms and conditions apply for all bonuses. You must be 18 or older to participate.
How We Review Online Roulette Sites
Our experts will conduct a rigorous assessment of each site offering online casino roulette games for UK players. They are all experienced roulette players and they understand what makes a great UK online roulette site. Our team of experts will assess the range of roulette games on offer at each site and check to see whether online live roulette is available. They will play each game in detail to check that the live casino runs smoothly on various devices.
Our reviewers will also assess each online casino roulette site on the strength of the user experience, the overall game variety and game quality, the software, the generosity of the bonuses and promotions, the number of potential payment methods, the speed and reliability of withdrawals, the strength of the customer support, the user experience and the general reputation of the roulette online UK site.
Then they can compare the various online roulette sites against one another before making expert recommendations on the very best online roulette sites.
How to find and choose the best Real Money Roulette Casinos
It is imperative that you stick to licensed online roulette UK sites. There are shady, unlicensed operators targeting UK players, so you should only play online roulette at the safe, legal sites recommended on this page.
These online casinos will treat you fairly, provide great customer service and pay you out on time. Yet they all have different strengths and provide unique features, so you have to work out what your key requirements are. For instance, are you mainly interested in great bonuses and promotions, or is game variety more important to you? Would the lack of live roulette be a deal breaker? Will you only play roulette, or do you want to play a number of different casino games and bet on sport too?
You also have to make practical considerations. If you prefer to use a specific banking method, such as PayPal or Boku, you should check if the online casino offers it. Some online roulette sites cater to casual players, whereas others are more suitable for high rollers due to the strength of their VIP programmes. These are the sort of things you must bear in mind when choosing from the best online roulette sites.
You can also sign up for multiple sites if you so desire, as that allows you to claim several different online roulette bonus promotions. Yet there are some key attributes that an online roulette for real money site should contain, including great customer service, seamless navigation, rapid banking and high game quality. New roulette online UK sites are launched on a regular basis, so you should bookmark this page to ensure you remain abreast of all the latest and most attractive online roulette sites.
Roulette bonuses in the UK
There are hundreds of different online roulette sites vying for your business, including established industry titans and ambitious newcomers. They all have to work hard to stand out from the crowd, and the vast majority will provide compelling casino bonuses in order to earn new customers.
You can use these welcome bonuses, reload bonuses and ongoing promotions on online roulette games. Seizing upon online roulette bonus deals gives you a better chance of securing a profit, so you should consider signing up for multiple online roulette sites.
Most bonuses require you to deposit your own money in order to unlock a welcome bonus. For example, you might receive a 200% welcome bonus up to £500 plus 50 bonus spins. This means that if you deposit £250 of your own money you will receive £500 in bonus credit and have £750 overall to play with, plus 50 free spins.
Alternatively, you might find a 100% welcome bonus up to £800, plus 100 extra spins. Some casino bonuses are specific for live dealer play, and you can use them to play online live roulette. You can then take advantage of reload bonuses when you make subsequent deposits, and enjoy various seasonal promotions.
These bonuses will generally be subject to wagering requirements. For example, you might have to wager the bonus amount 50 times over a 21-day period before you can make a withdrawal. If you were to receive £100 in bonus credit, you would need to place £5,000 of wagers with it before you could withdraw any of that money.
Unlike games like online slots, roulette does not always count 100% to wagering requirements, and some casinos do not allow roulette to count at all towards meeting bonus requirements, so be sure to check the terms and conditions before taking a bonus.
No Deposit Bonus Roulette Online
Some online casinos will give you a no deposit welcome bonus. This is a very exciting opportunity, because it allows you to play online roulette for real money without having to deposit any of your own money. It means you can essentially enjoy free online roulette.
Under UK Gambling Commission regulations, operators are not permitted to offer you the chance to play roulette online free before taking the plunge and playing online roulette for real money. However, you can essentially enjoy a free online roulette game and even play roulette online free with a live dealer by claiming a no deposit bonus.
You play with bonus credit awarded to you by the casino, without having to make a deposit of your own money. If you lose, you can walk away without having risked any of your hard-earned cash. If you win any money, it is added to your account balance.
You might be able to withdraw it immediately, but it is more likely that you will have to fulfill wagering requirements before you can make a withdrawal. You might have to play the winnings through 40 times before it becomes eligible for a withdrawal, for instance.
That would then allow you to continue to play free roulette online, and enjoy a variety of free online roulette games, including French and American roulette, with this bonus credit before hopefully making a withdrawal. This New Online Casino will hope to convert you into a long-term customer by showing you how exciting the site is during the time in which you are playing with a no deposit bonus, but there is no obligation.
Live Roulette Casino Games
Online live roulette games replicate the thrill of playing at a roulette wheel in Las Vegas or Macau while sitting in your living room. You will connect with a real life croupier, based either in a specially designed studio or in a land-based casino, and you can watch the croupier spin the wheel while betting on the action. A live chat function will allow you to interact with the dealer and with various other players.
Many players find live online roulette more transparent and exciting than playing virtual roulette games, which are underpinned by Random Number Generator algorithms.
You might find it more exhilarating, sociable and engaging to play with a live dealer. You can often enjoy unique bonuses too. The software is generally of a very high quality, so it works seamlessly on a mobile device, allowing you to play wherever you are with a Mobile Casino.
However, it works best when connected to WiFi, as it can use up a lot of data. Some players also prefer virtual roulette to live dealer roulette, as they can play at their own pace. The range of virtual roulette games is often larger than the range of live dealer games too, so virtual roulette and live online roulette both have an important role to play at the best online roulette sites.
Free Online Roulette Games
Many sites allow you to play free online roulette games before taking the plunge and playing online roulette for real money. This is a great opportunity, as it allows you to hone your skills and test out various roulette strategies, such as the Martingale or the Fibonacci. An online roulette simulator allows you to enjoy the free roulette game online, and you can then deposit real money and play online roulette once you are comfortable with the game.
It is harder to find live dealer online roulette for free, but leading software provider NetEnt is moving in tat direction after launching a free live casino games initiative in February 2020. Unfortunately, UK Gambling Commission regulations do not permit online roulette UK sites to offer online free roulette games. However, you can essentially play roulette for free if you find a no deposit bonus at a site offering online roulette and online live roulette.
Online Roulette software providers
The world’s most accomplished software providers compete to create the most exciting and realistic online roulette games. These are some of the top studios to look out for when playing roulette online:
- Microgaming | The Isle of Man-based firm created the first online casino software in 1994 and the first mobile casino games a decade later. It is now a titan of the industry, supplying games to all the top online casinos in the UK, including the Gold Series, Premier Roulette and Multi Wheel Roulette.
- Evolution Gaming | This firm is the leading pioneer within the exciting live casino sector. It has a number of online live roulette games, including the popular Double Ball, and it has recently started to offer first-person live roulette.
- NetEnt | This Swedish company is another leading provider of online roulette games. You will find its Roulette Advanced and Roulette Pro at leading online casinos such as DreamVegas, 888 Casino and Karamba.
- Playtech | London-listed Playtech is the world's largest supplier of online gaming and sports betting software. It offers several popular online roulette UK games, including Pinball Roulette, 3D Roulette, 1000 Diamond Bet Roulette, Premium Roulette, Mini Roulette and Live Prestige Roulette.
- IGT | This is another top online roulette software provider to look out for, along with the likes of Play ‘n’ Go, Quickspin, Inspired, Barcrest and Yggdrasil. The best online casinos will offer roulette games from different software suppliers to provide players with choice.
Types of Roulette Variations
Roulette always involves a numbered wheel with red and black pockets, and a table loaded with betting options. However, there are a few different variations that you need to bear in mind when plotting how to win at online roulette:
- European Roulette | This is the classic version of roulette that has been played across the continent for centuries. The pockets are numbered from zero to 36, and you will receive odds of 35/1 if you bet on the ball landing on a particular number. The green zero gives the house a 2.67% edge. This is generally the most popular variant for anyone thinking about how to win at online roulette, due to the low house edge. You can play European roulette online at all the best UK casino sites.
- American Roulette | An American roulette wheel features a zero and a double zero, plus numbers 1 to 36 in red and black. The inclusion of the double zero gives the house an edge of 5.26% if you bet on red or black, or odd or even.
- French Roulette | French roulette is similar to European roulette, as it features numbers 1 to 36 plus a single zero. The only difference is a rule called La Partage, which gives you a 50% refund if the ball lands on a zero when you place even money bets. This further reduces the house edge, making it another popular online roulette variant. You will also sometimes see progressive roulette and games like double wheel roulette, but European, American and French are the key versions.
Top-Rated Roulette Games 2020
- First Person Roulette | This unique RNG-based game from Evolution Gaming allows you to play at a 3D animated roulette table. You can then press the “Go Live” button and you will be transported to a live studio, where you will see a live dealer spin the wheel.
- Mini Roulette | Mini Roulette is a fast, fun, dynamic version of roulette, featuring numbers 1-12 and a single zero. It is essentially a miniature version of French roulette or European roulette, and it is great to play on your mobile.
- Multi-Wheel Roulette | Multi-Wheel Roulette is intoxicating and brilliant in equal measures. Just place your bet and watch as it is rolled out across all the wheels. The risk is multiplied, but so are the potential payouts. If you bet £5 on red and there are 5 wheels, your risk and potential payout becomes £25 (5 x £5). If you budget wisely, this game provides fantastic value.
- Roulette Touch | This NetEnt game was designed with the mobile user in mind. The design is large and bold, making it quick and easy to place bets. You will be able to place special bets, red and black, splits, inside and outside wagers with just a couple of taps of the finger, and you can save your favourite numbers and configurations. You can bet from £1 to £500 per spin, making it idea for casual players and high rollers alike.
Playing Online Roulette on Mobile
You can now experience the thrill of the roulette wheel in the palm of your hand thanks to the advent of mobile casinos. All the best mobile casinos offer several different online roulette games for customers to enjoy, as they know how popular roulette is among UK players. Many UK online roulette sites allow you to download a dedicated app, and you can then use it to play virtual and online live roulette at any time.
Others have mobile responsive sites, but they all work well on any iPhone, Android or Windows Phone device. It means you can play online roulette, or any live table game such as blackjack, wherever you are – lying in bed, travelling to see friends, sitting on a lunch break – and many players love the ease, convenience and excitement that mobile casinos provide.
Roulette sites deposits and withdrawals
The best online roulette sites will offer players a wide range of banking options when making deposits and withdrawals. Debit cards are generally the most popular banking method among UK players, but you should also expect to see e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller, cheques, Pay By Phone and wire transfers among the payment options.
Some players prefer to use PayPal, so check out a list of PayPal casinos offering online roulette. Pay by phone options like Boku are growing in popularity, while you will often see vouchers like a PaySafeCard listed among the deposit options, along with prepaid cards such as Giropay and slightly more niche options including Sofort and Trustly.
Cryptocurrency is becoming an increasingly popular banking method among online casino users. You will now regularly see Bitcoin, Ripple, Ether and other cryptocurrencies among the list of banking methods at online roulette sites. You should always check the terms and conditions for each method, as they generally come with different minimum and maximum limits, and waiting times can vary dramatically. All deposits should be fast and free at the best online casino sites. Many withdrawal methods are free, but some incur fees.
Withdrawals to a debit card can sometimes be processed in a day or two at the leading sites, while Neteller and Skrill offer rapid withdrawals, but cheques and transfers can take several days to clear. You generally cannot claim an online roulette bonus if you use Skrill or Neteller for your initial deposit. This is designed to stamp out bonus abuse among e-wallet users. Anti-money laundering measures mean that you generally have to use the same method for deposits and withdrawals.
High Stakes and Low Stakes Roulette
Roulette bets are divided into inside and outside bets. Straight inside bets allow you to wager on the ball landing on a particular number, with odds of 35/1 on each number. You can place a split bet on two numbers located next to one another on the rectangle, with odds of 17/1, or a street bet on a row of three numbers, with odds of 11/1.
Corner bets allow you to bet on four numbers that touch within the rectangle, with odds of 8/1. You can also place line bets on two rows, while some games permit five-number bets, baskets and snake bets. Outside bets include red/black, odd/even and high/low (1-18 or 19-36), all of which are even money wagers. There are also columns at odds of 2/1 and dozens at odds of 2/1.
The amount you can wager on each of these betting options depends on the online casino roulette site you visit and the game you select. The UK’s best online roulette sites will cater to a wide range of players. Some online casinos allow you to start at just 10p per spin, but many have a minimum of £1. At some online roulette tables, you can find a maximum bet limit of £500,000.
High rollers and anyone using a progressive roulette strategy like the Martingale will be keen to find high stakes roulette games, whereas low stakes roulette games suit casual players and beginners. If you are a high roller, you can benefit from great VIP schemes at certain online casino roulette sites, allowing you to enjoy high stakes European online roulette and American online roulette, or even online poker if you fancy a go at something different, while gaining a range of benefits, from a personal account manager to expedited payments and tailored bonuses.
Advantages of playing Roulette Online
There are several advantages to playing roulette online at the UK’s top online casinos:
- Convenience | You can play online roulette at any time of day, without having to get dressed or drive to a land-based casino. Just pick up your mobile or fire up your desktop and start playing. Online roulette allows you to play at any time of day, regardless of where you are.
- Speed | Online roulette allows you to play at your own pace. You want to experience the exhilaration of playing dozens of spins in a rapid burst, as you do not have to wait for other players to place bets and for a live dealer to spin the wheel. You can also play slowly if you want to think long and hard about each wager, as there are no other players pressuring you to speed up.
- Sociability | Online roulette was traditionally a lot less social than going to a casino and interacting with fellow players. However, the advent of online live roulette play has changed all that. You can instantly be put through to a live studio, interact with the dealer via live chat and also talk to fellow players. This has revolutionised online roulette play.
- Bonuses | Land-based casinos do not traditionally provide bonuses for new and existing customers. They might bring you the odd drink, but you will not receive exciting 200% matched deposit bonuses, free spins and prize draws. These online roulette bonus deals boost your chances of generating a profit when playing online roulette, as they essentially erode the house margin. It is only 2.67% if you play European roulette online, but a £500 welcome bonus eats into that, even if there are onerous wagering requirements attached to it.
- Variety | You are generally faced with a narrow choice of online casino roulette games when you visit a land-based casino. Some only offer American roulette, which is frustrating if you like to play European roulette. The best online roulette sites give you the choice, and provide various unique game such as double-wheel roulette and mini-roulette to keep you entertained.
- Accuracy | Online roulette is underpinned by sophisticated algorithms that never make mistakes. It means you will always receive the correct payout without having to wait for a croupier to make mental calculations. Human error could lead to you being underpaid in a land-based casino, but that is not an issue when you play roulette online.
Is it legal to play Online Roulette in the UK?
- It is perfectly legal to play online roulette in the UK. Hundreds of different online casinos target UK players with online roulette casino games, and we can help you identify the best sites to play roulette online. You should always stick to licensed, legal operators and avoid any sites that do not have a UK Gambling Commission licence.
Are all UK Online Roulette sites safe and secure?
- The best UK online roulette sites ensure safety and security by using the latest SSL encryption software and adhering to strict UK Gambling Commission licensing conditions. However, there are also illegal, unlicensed online roulette sites targeting UK players, and they might have poor security, so you have to remain vigilant. We can steer you towards safe, secure online roulette sites that will provide you with a superb user experience.
Are Roulette games available on mobile?
- The vast majority of online roulette games are available on all mobile devices. Mobile Casino play has soared in popularity across the UK over the past few years, and most sites and software providers now adopt a mobile first strategy. You will either be able to download an app to play roulette on a mobile or log into a mobile optimised site, and you can enjoy online roulette on an iPhone, Android or Windows Phone device.
Can I get a Roulette Bonus Online?
- You can benefit from an online roulette bonus at most of the leading online casinos. They offer generous match deposit welcome bonuses, free spins and ongoing promotions in order to attract new customers and generate loyalty. Just make sure you read the terms and conditions, as the contribution of online roulette to bonus wagering requirements varies from site to site.
What are the typical Roulette wagering requirements?
- Online casinos attach a wide range of wagering requirements to their bonuses. A typical wagering requirement would mean you need to play your bonus money through around 35 times within a certain period of time, and online casino roulette would be unlikely to count 100% towards fulfilling that requirement. Each site should display the wagering requirements very clearly when offering an online roulette bonus.
Do I need to download Software to play Roulette online?
- You rarely need to download software to play roulette online. You simply visit an online casino, choose the roulette game you wish to play and start spinning the wheel. The online casino will host the software, so you do not need to download anything, but mobile users may like to download an app. You might be able to download a roulette simulator in order to figure out how to win at online roulette, but if you want to play online roulette for real money you can just visit an online casino.
How much can I win at Roulette online?
- The amount you can win varies depending on the online casino you visit, but the maximum win could go up to £1 million if you play at a high stakes table. William Hill is renowned for providing a maximum bet of £500,000 at its online roulette section, and other casinos accept high limits. You can check the terms and conditions at each site for minimum and maximum stakes, plus maximum withdrawals.
What is the House Edge on Roulette games?
- The house edge stands at just 2.67% when you play European roulette online. You can essentially cut that to a mere 1.34% when playing French roulette online, due to the La Partage rule. Video roulette from providers like Playtech will have an RTP of 98.65%, while Double Bonus Spin Roulette from IGT has a 98.06% RTP.
How to win at online roulette?
- First you should gain a thorough understanding of the rules, hone your strategy and figure out how to win at online roulette, ideally by playing free online roulette. Take advantage of casino bonuses to tip the odds further in your favour, choose an online roulette game with a high RTP and practice sensible bankroll management. You might also like to consider adopting a strategy such as Fibonacci, D’Alembert or Martingale.
What is an online roulette simulator?
- This allows you to play a free roulette game online in order to try out strategies and perfect your style of play. You can play online roulette 1500 times if you so desire, and visit online chat roulette sites and online roulette sites to gain tips. You can then play online roulette for real money at the best online roulette UK sites.
Do I need to pay taxes on my Roulette winnings?
- You do not need to pay taxes on any roulette winnings accrued in the UK. That is not a condition of UK law, nor is it part of the UK Gambling Commission regulations, so you can keep hold of any money you earn. Just make sure you stick to secure, licensed sites, use the cheapest banking methods and take advantage of bonuses in order to boost your chances of making an overall profit.
Is Roulette Online really random?
- Random Number Generator (RNG) algorithms underpin all online roulette games at licensed online roulette UK sites. Regulators will regularly inspect the RNG at these sites to ensure it works correctly and provides fair and genuinely random results. Alternatively you can play with a live dealer and watch the wheel spin in real time.
What is instant play roulette?
- Instant roulette is a unique multi-wheel roulette game featuring balls dropping into a number of individual, synchronised auto roulette wheels. It allows players to go at their own pace, hitting the “Play Now” button whenever they decide to make a bet. This is a live online roulette game, but you can also enjoy Quantum Roulette Instant Play, which is a fixed-odds betting game based on roulette, with a 3D roulette wheel.
What is the Best Bet in Online Roulette?
- Betting on an individual number provides you with the tantalising prospect of earning a large payout off a relatively small stake at odds of 35/1. An outside bet on red or black is a lot more likely to pay off, but the reward will be lower, so you have to work out whether you want a quick thrill or if you want to sit at the table for a while. Choose a table with a high RTP, and then consider using various roulette strategies to help determine your stake.
Are there VIP bonuses and Loyalty points for Online Roulette?
- The best online roulette sites are keen to retain customers in the face of intense competition, so they generally offer appealing loyalty schemes and VIP offers. You should be awarded points as you play, which can be exchanged for free bets and other prizes. High rollers can join VIP programmes, and they can benefit from quick payouts, exceptional levels of customer service, tailored promotions, event invites and much more.
Is Roulette a game of luck or skill?
- Roulette is considered to be a game of luck. The wheel spins round and the player hopes for the best in this game of chance. However, you can apply all manner of complex systems when playing roulette, and there is certainly a degree of skill involved in that process.
What are Online Roulette tournaments?
- Online roulette tournaments introduce an element of skill to proceedings by allowing you to play online roulette against other players. The casino in question will set the rules of the tournament, and the end goal is to win as many chips as possible. The main prize will go to the player with the most chips at the end of the tournament, and there may be runner-up prizes for other high performing players.
Online Roulette vs Live Dealer Roulette?
- Online roulette involves playing at a virtual roulette wheel with results governed by an RNG algorithm. Live dealer roulette connects the player with a real life croupier in a studio or land-based casino, allowing you to enjoy the full casino experience. Some players prefer the pace and dynamism of virtual online roulette, whereas others like the sociability and transparency of live dealer roulette online.
Why does the zero in Roulette give the casino a higher house edge?
- There are 37 numbers in European and French roulette, from zero to 36, and each pays 35/1, giving the house an edge. The house always wins on outside bets like red/black and odd/even if the ball lands on zero, giving the house the edge. American roulette also features a double zero, which gives the casino a higher house edge.
What is Mini Roulette?
- Mini roulette is a watered down version of French roulette or European roulette. It features the numbers 1 to 12, plus a single zero, and allows you to make the same sort of bets that are possible in classic online roulette. Mini roulette is a fast, fun, dynamic version of roulette, and it is particularly popular with mobile users.